FAQ: What about Dead Nation 2 and a Vita Port?

FAQ: What about Dead Nation 2 and a Vita Port?

Postby tommasodb » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:42 pm

Hi everybody,

we decided to address from the very beginning a couple of questions that keep coming up:

1) Is Dead Nation 2 coming out anytime soon? Why do you ignore fans asking for it?

Right now Housemarque is working on 3 games, as you can read HERE. We'll make it easy for you, this is what has been revealed to the public so far:

- One of the titles is being developed on iOS.
- The second title is "a spiritual successor to Super Stardust". The target platform is PS4.
- Nothing has been revealed about the third title, apart from it being on PS4 as well. Why? Because we are not allowed to speak anything more yet. There are business reasons involved, and we are gonna stick to them.

Some weeks ago some concept art pictures allegedly connected with a Dead Nation sequel were discovered online. We have confirmed that they belong to a discarded batch and are not representative of anything we are working on right now. Read our CEO statement HERE.

2) Why don't you port Dead Nation on PSVita? Looks like it would be the perfect fit!

READ HERE: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/ ... ation-vita

Feel free to ask more, but there's only so much we have the liberty to disclose at this point in time.
tommasodb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FAQ: What about Dead Nation 2 and a Vita Port?

Postby Drageard » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:24 pm

I like how Dead Nation 2 has been the most speculated one, with all the concept artwork stuff some months ago and all.
I get it that a Dead Nation port to the vita would take a lot of work, though I wouldn't mind a non-numbered sequel or spin-off to it on the vita, sort of like with Super Stardust Delta wasn't a port but a new game... hmmm that gives me an idea... Imagine... SPACE ZOMBIES!

I'm really interested on that "spiritual successor to Super Stardust", does that mean you're ditching the Stardust name? or will it branch on it's own series of games?

Eitherways I trust you're all hard at work with the new titles... after all 3 games at the same time is no easy thing to handle.
Drageard

Postby tommasodb » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:49 am

Space zombies... interesting idea... :mrgreen:

Regarding the "spiritual sequel", unveiling should be very close – if all goes according to plans. There are reasons why we don't call it "direct sequel", I guess all will be clear as soon as we release some footage.
tommasodb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby reef101783 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:34 pm

Is the unannounced game for PS4?
reef101783

Postby tommasodb » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:58 pm

reef101783 wrote:Is the unannounced game for PS4?

The best answer I can give you at the moment is this statement from our CEO:

“It was great to hear how focused Sony was on games during the PlayStation 4 announcement,” he says. “The new console sounds really developer friendly, and we believe that this time the console transition is much easier for many developers as you’re probably able to use a lot of your existing technology and tools instead of writing everything from the scratch.

“Having 16 times more memory than PlayStation 3 is also very helpful, and the extra horsepower the machine has can be used for creating new kinds of gameplay experiences that weren’t possible during the previous generation. We’re certainly looking forward to creating awesome challenges for the PlayStation 4 in the future.”

http://www.housemarqueblog.com/housemar ... 013/02/27/

We hope to be able to announce more details soon.
tommasodb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby reef101783 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:57 pm

tommasodb wrote:
reef101783 wrote:Is the unannounced game for PS4?

The best answer I can give you at the moment is this statement from our CEO:

“It was great to hear how focused Sony was on games during the PlayStation 4 announcement,” he says. “The new console sounds really developer friendly, and we believe that this time the console transition is much easier for many developers as you’re probably able to use a lot of your existing technology and tools instead of writing everything from the scratch.

“Having 16 times more memory than PlayStation 3 is also very helpful, and the extra horsepower the machine has can be used for creating new kinds of gameplay experiences that weren’t possible during the previous generation. We’re certainly looking forward to creating awesome challenges for the PlayStation 4 in the future.”

http://www.housemarqueblog.com/housemar ... 013/02/27/

We hope to be able to announce more details soon.

Thanks for the reply
reef101783

Postby Brapp347 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:45 pm

I'm having trouble seeing how the controls are going to work for dead nation on vita. I'm not sure how much you guys can talk about it, but do you have a control scheme working and comfortable?
Brapp347

Postby tommasodb » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:44 am

Brapp347 wrote:I'm having trouble seeing how the controls are going to work for dead nation on vita. I'm not sure how much you guys can talk about it, but do you have a control scheme working and comfortable?

Hi Brapp, we are not developing the Vita port. To be honest we don't know any detail except what Sony communicated at E3. So we are looking forward to learn more as well.

Dead Nation for Vita has been on our table as well, but we're simply too busy with the two PS4 games we're working on and didn't have any resource to take care of it directly.
tommasodb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Drageard » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:48 pm

It would have been nice that at least you guys have been informed about the port in development, but it was nice to see your work at E3 in a way.

I mean most ports are handled by another company, yes; but still, usually they get help from the original developer, or it's a new team of people that worked in the original development, when they don't know a thing about the game things like the Silent Hill HD collection turn out to be...
Drageard

Postby tommasodb » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:12 am

Drageard wrote:It would have been nice that at least you guys have been informed about the port in development, but it was nice to see your work at E3 in a way.

Well, Sony owns the IP, so technically they can do what they want without telling us. Of course sometime a better syncing could lead to communicating better with the fans. We are of course happy that this is happening and I believe Housemarque is willing to support whoever is developing it in its messaging.
tommasodb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Dead Nation