September Patch v1.04 Feedback

September Patch v1.04 Feedback

Postby hkrueger » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:06 pm

Hi there,

as some of you already noticed, the latest Resogun v1.04 patch is out!

Even though we've been talking about this for a while, the patch ended up being kinda stealth-released without much warning. Since the official patch notes aren't really that detailed, here's a list of the most significant changes you'll find in the latest update:

* Editor: Custom ship slots increased to 10
* All Modes: Tweaked weapons on lower upgrade levels to be more enjoyable (most noticable on Phobos)
* All Modes: Tweaked boost to be slightly more aggressive on lower attributes (most noticable on Phobos attribute setup)
* All Modes: Made humans not react to homing missiles to help avoid surprise deaths
* All Modes: Made Phobos main bullets not explode upon impact with Humans
* All Modes: Fixed rare bug where input would get lost during online play (this should fix the "boost not working" bug players were complaining about)
* Arcade: made Overdrive score cap to 10k instead of 1k (this change does NOT affect Survival scoring)
* Arcade: Keeper Swarmers and Large Swarmers no longer leave the playfield
* Arcade: Fixed bug where ordered Keepers on Febris would show up in incorrect order in online coop
* Survival: Made Munchers (human "eaters") have a minimum human absorption time of 7 seconds (gives player enough time to react now)
* Survival: Fixed shields and powercubes bugging in online coop
* Various small rendering fixes and tweaks (bloom tweaks, particle effects for weapons, custom ship rendering, text placement etc.)
* Various small bug fixes and optimizations throughout the game and menus

That's about it. Please try out the latest update and let us know what you think!
hkrueger
Developer
Developer

Re: September Patch v1.04 Feedback

Postby DenT4FacE » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:41 pm

Sounds brilliant! Thank you!
Formerly known as Cobra_Qc on Housemarque forums and on PSN
DenT4FacE

Postby Blink » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:42 pm

Not of a fan of the new little explosion effect when you kill an enemy. There used the same colors as the revenge bullets...
Blink

Postby Theblacksnakes » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:43 pm

Now the game is even better than before. Now the OD has a sense in the economy of the score again. Of course, there is no a change that upsets the entire game but there are some small improvements that make the game more beautiful (even if the new colours are...are ...dunno, too acids?).

There is just a thing i don't like and i don't understand why you don't fix it. I'm speaking about the broken leaderboards. I thought that after all this time you'd have cleaned up the leaderboards from the pre-patch scores. Why didn't you fix this problem? :-?
Theblacksnakes

Postby hkrueger » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:48 pm

Theblacksnakes wrote:There is just a thing i don't like and i don't understand why you didn't fix it. I'm speaking about the broken leaderboards. I thought that after all this time you'd have cleaned up the leaderboards from the pre-patch scores. Why didn't you fix this problem? :-?

Unfortunately, direct leaderboard moderation is not in our hands, and is something only Sony can address from their end. I will definitely bring this to their attention again, and I hope they will get around to fixing it soon.
hkrueger
Developer
Developer

Postby tommasodb » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:36 pm

(Just for those expecting me to be around to answer questions: I'm in NY for leisure this week, will be back in a few days. Haven't had a chance to try the game post-patch yet, so you know more than me anyway :-P)
tommasodb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Theblacksnakes » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:44 pm

hkrueger wrote:Unfortunately, direct leaderboard moderation is not in our hands, and is something only Sony can address from their end. I will definitely bring this to their attention again, and I hope they will get around to fixing it soon.

Thanks for the answer!

I understand it isn't your fault and i know that just few people care about this problem but it remains still pretty unpleasant for those that try to reach the highest positions in the leaderboard...
Theblacksnakes

Postby HELLODOLLY » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:08 pm

HELLO,
THE RECENT UPGRADE TO RESOGUN, WHERE THE BLASTS OF ORANGE SHOW UP WHEN YOU KILL AN ENEMY, IS MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY. YOU CANNOT DISTINGQUISH BETWEEN THE COLORS OF THE ONCOMING REVENGE BULLETS. ESPECIALLY WHEN YOUR COLORED BLIND, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO SEE THE SCREEN CLEARLY, AND IT COMPLETELY INTERRUPTS GAME PLAY. COULD YOU KINDLY GET RID OF THIS FEATURE? THIS HAS BEEN THE BEST GAME IN A VERY VERY LONG TIME, AND I WOULD HATE NOT TO BE ABLE TO PLAY IT ANY LONGER!!!!!
HELLODOLLY

Postby atomicorion » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:53 am

Thanks for the patch guys,much appreciated :-)
I haven't had a chance to play RESOGUN with the new patch yet,as I'm still at work hehe.

And HELLODOLLY, WTF is with the full CAPS post dude?
Using caps in any forum is a violation of their rules and you've just violated Housemarque's Forums 4th Commandment:
4. You're allowed to swear to a limited degree. Don't, if you can, otherwise live with the uncertainty of the moderator's wrath. Write in decent English. Use good manners and apply the netiquette. Also, don't write LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME.
atomicorion

Postby CR22xHeadshot » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:43 am

The order keeper keepers on level 2 and 4 still spawn incorrectly. I only played 1 game and they already spawned wrong.

The orange explosion thing whenever you kill something is beyond stupid and needs to go ASAP. Difficulty to see revenge bullets.

Overdrive is back for the most part.

Looks like Phobos is more powerful which is nice, but far from satisfying.

Level 4 boss needs to be slowed down. Im convinced you cannot get by him on master/hero with a 6 or higher OD setting .
CR22xHeadshot

Next

Return to RESOGUN